Monday 3 February 2014

Kit list


Now the next question … what to pack?!

On my 15 day Pennine Way walk I used a 65l pack, with kit to cope with most ‘incidents’ that I might have to face when walking in remote and rugged landscape.  Given that the Ridgeway is a fairly benign area I reckoned I could make do with my Lowe Alpine 35l pack, so ended up with a kit list as follows:

Lowe Alpine Airzone 35l (with hydration bladder)

First Aid kit

Berghaus Deluge waterproof trousers

Marmot Precip waterproof shell

Hat, gloves, headover

Spare socks, underwear

Spare fleece, baselayer, trousers and lightweight shoes

Toiletries

Norwegian fleece (ideal as an extra layer when walking or just to fling on when stopped)

Spare phone (basic nokia), headtorch, torch

Water bottle, a bottle of Lucozade and a couple of snickers (emergency rations!)

Spare laces, toilet paper, batteries and glasses

Battery and phone chargers

Camera, whistle, compass
Plus I’d be wearing:  my trusty Berghaus boots, baselayer, fleece, Craghopper Kiwi trousers, gaiters.  For navigation my Etrex 20, and as a backup my Samsung Galaxy Ace, both loaded with the daily routes and various waypoints along the route.
Added to that would be microspikes if the rain ever stopped and there was a hint of snow ... please!!


No comments:

Post a Comment